- Tell us about what you do and where your team is located.
We're a software manufacturer and our people are located mainly in Europe. We started in Germany but are a distributed team from the start.
- What's a modern benefit you offer your team that isn't mainstream yet?As we are a really cool remote native fully distributed team our people aren't looking for benefits or salary so much. We have a very good remote culture.
- Tell us about your approach to meetings vs async communication?
We're asynchronous first. In detail we have two hours per day that are reserved for synchronous meetings company-wide. Even though we use Slack for internal communication we don't use it for synchronous communication but say that it is OK to answer within 4 working hours.
- What's your favourite tool for remote collaboration?
Remeet. This is the tool we are using for those internal meetings. It's topic first: you just create a topic, select the attendees, and give it a priority and the system calculates the best time for the meeting to take place.
- Can you give us one prediction for the future of work?
I think that more companies will go to a remote setup. It doesn't mean that meeting in person isn't important anymore. But you can focus on your work in the meantime and meet for socializing or have an intense exchange with your colleagues for a workshop or so.